DETECT, GEOLOCATE AND TRACK DRONES AND THEIR OPERATORS IN DENSE URBAN ENVIRONMENTS
UrbanLock enables security & safety forces, military and law enforcement to easily achieve comprehensive drone aerial situational awareness. UrbanLock is a passive (non-transmitting) RF interception solution which detects, geolocates and tracks low-altitude commercial-off-the-shelf drones.
UrbanLock is also able to geolocate the drone operator. UrbanLock provides a wide coverage and highly accurate situational awareness picture of drones operating in a monitored area. UrbanLock operates well in open areas as well as in dense urban zones, despite the latter’s complex RF environment, high noise and spectral clutter.
UrbanLock shows extremely high detection sensitivity and geolocation accuracy even in complex and high noise environments, with effectively zero false alarms.
A single UrbanLock system is comprised of 4 or more sensors which can be permanently installed in fixed locations, and a system Command and Control center. The sensors can also be transported and reinstalled as per the specific need and even support vehicle installations for rapid tactical deployment.
The sensors receive RF frequencies and analysis, and communicate with the C&C center which performs the geolocation, tracking and manages the overall system operation. The Command and Control center is realized on a standard server which can be installed locally (e.g. in a fixed site local deployment) or remotely/ clouded (e.g. in HQ or a data center).
UrbanLock drone situational awareness picture can be viewed over a web-based GUI, either locally at the C&C center or remotely over PCs and mobile devices,
supporting both safety and security command and management as well as field-deployed units.
As a passive system UrbanLock supports civillian, military and HLS operations and is therefore fully compliant with all relevant civilian regulations (FCC, privacy, cyber, wiretapping). UrbanLock is a fully operational, field proven, TRL 9 solution and has been successfully used in the most demanding environments and scenarios.
Fully compatible with dense urban environments
High accuracy and long-range detection and geolocation
Non-transmitting fully passive mode
High POI with zero false alarms
Small footprint and form factor
Fixed installations or mobile deployments
Efficient large area coverage
Mass Target Tracking
- System Configuration : 4-6 sensors as standard, 1 system Command & Control Center, Additional sensors/systems can be added modularly to expand coverage
- Covered Frequencies: All major ISM frequency bands: 2.4GHz, 5.8GHz, 900MHz, 433MHz, Additional frequency bands between 70-6000MHz can be added per customer request
- Detection & geo-location ranges: Standard operational ranges: Urban – up to 4km | Rural – up to 6km , Ranges are deployment and RF environment dependent. Proper deployment will increase ranges significantly.
- Localization accuracy : Several 10s of meters. Highly accurate localization (<50m) in dense urban environments
- Probability of Interception (POI) & False alarms: Probability of Interception/detection is over 95% (usually over 99%) for most commercial off -the -shelf drones with effectively zero false alarms UrbanLock detects & localizes >95% of commercial off-the-shelf drones.
- Sensor dimensions : 560mm x 410mm x 190mm
- Sensor weight : Sensor enclosure – 13.75 kg | RF cable – 2 kg | RF box – 3.4 kg
- Ingress Protection : Designed for IP65
- Operating temperature: –10°C to +50°C
- Operating humidity: 95%
- Sensor power consumption: 75W average, 220W max
- External power source : Standard power outlet – 110~220VAC
- Communication infrastructure : Wireline, Mobile, Private links (Ethernet) Sensor to Command and Control centre connectivity
- Command & Control centre: standard off the shelf server, minimal specs: i7-7000, 16GB RAM, 500 GB SDD, Ubuntu OS.